Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Programming: Step One

Dear Internet,

In See Jane Program, I will document this English major's attempts to learn to program. I've been hungry for a new challenge for awhile now, and I know learning to program will also open a lot of doors for me careerwise.

I'm also attracted to the idea of being able to create a universe of my own with just a computer. The sheer volume of things you can use programming to do is incredible. If you know how to tell computers what to do, you have a large part of the world at your fingertips.

That's why I'm documenting my attempts here. A record of my studies will keep me honest, and remind me of the progress I've made. Every day I will learn something about programming, and I will share it on this blog along with my goals for the next day.

Tomorrow: The Game Plan, in which I pick a curriculum to follow and detail my reasons for choosing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment